Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Solid Patience!

Today I showed much better patience and it paid off. The euro did make some really big moves that I wasn't a part of, but even during a 100-pip move I had trouble finding a low-risk entry. My first trade I jumped the gun a little bit so I got stopped out on the throwback. Realizing that I forgot to wait for the throwback, I reentered (therefore at a better price) and booked a win. I closed the trade when price did not follow through, and although it was only 1:1, I didn't let my emotions of the recent loss prevent me from taking any profit at all (i.e. getting greedy to make up for the loss plus some) and it was good execution because price reversed at that point and would have stopped me out.

I hesitated on a couple quick moves that I could have taken in hindsight, but I was content to just watch price move in a "what if I had entered there" scenario. Besides, I was working on my patience in only looking for the best setups. I waited over an hour for my next trade, all the while studying for the GMAT, which really helped me resist taking bad setups. If you do something to preoccupy your mind, then waiting for great setups is a lot easier. I was rewarded with 2 more well-executed wins. I would have continued trading but Oanda's servers seem like they're having some trouble today so I'm not going to bother with it. At least Oanda is good at giving you the price you want when you click, even if the trade showing up on the platform lags by 15 seconds.

Today's results: +3R (+16 pips)

No comments:

Post a Comment