Thursday, November 4, 2010

Still Overtrading

Another losing day. At least it was with 1/4 size so not much damage done, but I am still overtrading. I had some good trades, but I still had 2 revenge trades and 2 trades that were not part of the plan. Another trade would have been profitable, but just as it was reaching a take-profit point, my computer froze. A couple days ago I had to do a Windows overlay and since then my computer has been really slow starting up and then the internet won't connect for a few minutes. So I got back and had been stopped out. That was really a bummer because there was a valid setup going the other way, so I took a loss AND missed out on a good trade! Other losses were due to taking weak setups. I jumped on way too late on a few and went countertrend on a few more. Then I took a few breakout guesses when price was clearly ranging and hadn't actually broken out yet--so naturally I was stopped when price went back into the range.

When I do my back testing, I find only 2 or 3 good setups per theoretical trading session. Why, then, am I taking 15 trades? Emotional attachment, boredom, and trying to force results. I'm getting better, but it's a painful struggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment